POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : So, what are we gonna do? : Re: So, what are we gonna do? Server Time
6 May 2024 08:03:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So, what are we gonna do?
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 8 Mar 2007 07:45:01
Message: <web.45f00276ac010f746d4565230@news.povray.org>
The posts in this thread give me hope (confidence?) that the March/April
"Before & After" round will have a significant increase in the number of
entries.  Perhaps we could  use a web page that would show prospective
entrants the topic, rules, submission process and a link to the existing
images.   I would be willing to produce this unless there is someone else
who has a burning desire to do so.  Before beginning, I would like to get
some feedback and suggestions from the folks involved (or anyone else with
good ideas). Especially welcomed would be ideas for a short catchy name for
our endeavor.  The name "The Interim Pseudo IRTC / TINA CheP Ray Tracing
Forum" is unlikely to have potential participants submitting in droves.  I
was rather hoping that ~Steve~ would be willing to host the page so that
everything would be together in one place, but I could find a spot for it
myself if this was not agreeable for any reason.  I would like to have the
whole thing up and running by the end of this weekend if at all possible so
that anyone introduced to the project by the page would have plenty of time

notion of judging and picking winners myself, but we really ought to

decisions will be forthcoming in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks in advance to everyone for their input.

-Mike C.